Thursday 24 April 2014

Why this men and childcare debate is just 'balls'

I realise I am new on the scene with this but after reading Miriam Gonzalez Durantez defending dads who took a majority role in the childcare, I felt a blog coming on!

The lady concerned is the wife of Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, but don't let that put you off the rest of the blog nor her, she seems a pleasant lady and also Spanish so errr, don't wind her up!

Ms Gonzalez Durantez made a passionate defence of the role of fathers and then, in quite possibly the best use of the word, said the men who did the childcare and treat women as equals had the 'most cojones'.

Basically she was talking balls, no not rubbish, actual balls, the dogs danglers, the two veg sitting below the meat.

Because apparently since some daft bit of research showed 'hands-on' dads had smaller testicles, everyone has been seeking to comment on it.

Apparently, non fathers somehow squeeze testes the sizes of wrecking balls in their pants and once you have fathered a baby, they decrease in size due to a reduction in testosterone and ensure you won't stray

Well, to me that research is balls and yes this time I am saying its rubbish.

Since January,  I haven't felt less of a man, less virile and definitely not noticed anything shrinking!

To me, any man who takes a huge role in childcare, either as a stay at home dad or just someone who shares the childcare equally as I intend to do is a big hairy mass of man.

I've often thought of the phrase "Anyone can make a baby, it takes real man to be a father" and that is what every dad to be should think.

We as men have to get away from this archaic and frankly crap thought that mummies stay at home and daddy goes to work.

It's not like that for everyone, for us it will be as a) I earn more than Pam but most importantly b) Pam WANTS to stay at home and be a mum.

I grew up with a dad who went to work while mum stayed at home with me, he came home and immediately became hands on dad, allowing mum to have a break.

They shared everything and I appreciate them both, if I can be half the man and dad he was and still is then my little boy will be very loved indeed.

It's not about the size of the balls, it's how you use them! That's how we got here isn't it?





No comments:

Post a Comment